For the cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey – try Mamami Shoppe x Taylor Pass Manuka Honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (keep in the room temperature)
- Beat butter and honey until thoroughly combined in a bowl.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and salt, beat again until just combined.
- Divide dough into two parts. Wrap each in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Take a dough, roll out on a floured surface to just over ¼’ thick and cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Arrange cut out cookies on a cookie sheet. Do not place them too close with each other.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Optionally, you can sparkle with some icing sugar or deep into baking chocolate.