Sesame Cookies with Mamami Organic Himalaya Rock Salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of butter (softened)
- ½ cup of shortening
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of sesame seeds (or as needed)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt - Try Mamami Organic Himalaya Rock Salt
- Almost extract to taste
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Mamai Organic Himalaya Rock Salt into a medium bowl.
- Mix and beat the butter, shortening, white and brown sugar in a large bowl, for about 3-5 mins.
- Add egg and almond extract, beat well.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Let the dough to be dry and crumble.
- Make the mixture into a dough, roll them into small ball pieces. Brush the ball pieces with some egg yolk prior to dipping in the sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Place the ball pieces on a greased cookie tray (approx 2 inches apart)
- Bake them! For about 15 - 17 minutes. Cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
← Older Post
Newer Post →